1. Name and contact details of the controller as well as operational data protection officer
This data privacy statement shall apply to data processing activities by the following controller:
Restate GmbH (hereinafter referred to as Restate)
Knaackstrasse 92 10435 Berlin.
For any data protection-related inquiries, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their processing
a. When visiting the website: Netlify
We use Netlify Inc. to host a part of our service. To provide this service, Netlify may store your access logs including your IP address for up to 30 days.
b. When visiting the website: Matomo
This website is using Matomo 6, an Open Source software for collecting anonymous usage statistics for this website.
Matomo is an open source web analytics platform. A web analytics platform is used by a website owner in order to measure, collect, analyse and report visitors data for purposes of understanding and optimizing their website. If you would like to see what Matomo looks like, you can access a demo version at: https://demo.matomo.cloud.
Matomo: Purpose of the processing
Matomo is used to analyse the behaviour of the website visitors to identify potential pitfalls; not found pages, search engine indexing issues, which contents are the most appreciated… Once the data is processed (number of visitors reaching a not found pages, viewing only one page…), Matomo is generating reports for website owners to take action, for example changing the layout of the pages, publishing some fresh content… etc.
Matomo is processing the following data:
- Anonymized IP-address by removing the last 2 bytes (so 126.96.36.199 instead of 198.51.100.54)
- Pseudo-anonymized Location of the user (generated from the anonymized IP-address)
- Date and time
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (if the page allows it)
- Screen resolution
- Time in local timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Link clicks to an outside domain
- Pages generation time
- Country, region, city (low resolution based on IP-address
- Main Language of the browser
- User Agent of the browser
The processing of personal data with Matomo is based on legitimate interests.
Matomo: Recipient of the personal data
The personal data received through Matomo are sent to:
- Our company.
Matomo: Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
Matomo data is hosted in Germany (Matomo Analytics Cloud by InnoCraft).
Matomo: The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you think that the way we process your personal data with Matomo analytics is infringing the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
c. Subscribing to our Newsletter
If you have explicitly consented pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR, we will use your email address to send you our newsletter at regular intervals. Indicating an email address will be sufficient to receive the newsletter.
Unsubscription is possible at any time, independently of whether the newsletter was sent based on consent or statutory permission, e.g. using a link at the end of each newsletter. As an alternative, you may also send your unsubscription request to us at any time by email to: email@example.com. The only costs resulting from this are the transfer costs according to the basic rates.
The personal data required for sending out the newsletter shall be erased as soon as they are no longer required for achieving the purpose of their collection and as far as no other legal authorisation basis applies for further processing. Your email address shall only therefore be stored for sending out the newsletter until you revoke your consent or until you object to submission of the newsletter.
3. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- to demand information in accordance with Article 15 GDPR regarding the processing of your personal data by us. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipient to whom your data have been or are disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data to the extent that these were not collected at our site, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and any meaningful information on its details;
- in accordance with Article 16 GDPR, obtain the rectification of any inaccurate personal data stored by us or completion of such data without undue delay;
- in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, obtain the erasure of your personal data stored by us, to the extent that processing is not required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Article 18 GDPR, obtain the restriction of processing of your personal data, to the extent that the accuracy of the data is contested by you, processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure and we no longer need the personal data, but you still require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Article 20 GDPR, demand to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transmission to another controller;
- in accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent once given to us towards us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing activities that were based on this consent in future and
- in accordance with Article 77 GDPR, lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Usually, you may contact the supervisory authority at your habitual residence or place of work or our registered office for this.
4. Right to object
As far as your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 GDPR, to the extent that there are grounds relating to your particular situation or the objection is targeted against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object that will be implemented by us without any indication of a particular situation.
If you want to exercise your withdrawal right or right to object, simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish us to not process any personal data with Matomo, you can opt-out from it at any time. There will be no consequences at all regarding the use of our website. You can do so via the following opt-out feature:
5. Further information
In accordance with Art. 13 para. 2 lit. e GDPR we would like to inform you about the following:
The provision of personal data is neither a statutory nor contractual requirement, nor a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are not obliged to provide the personal data. There are no consequences resulting from failure to provide such data.
In accordance with Art. 13 para. 2 lit. f GDPR we would like to inform you about the following:
We do not process your personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making.
Matomo is not doing any profiling.
6. Topicality and changes of this data privacy statement
This data privacy statement is currently valid as of 23 February 2022.